What Kita Cooks…

Yum

Welcome to WKC!  The land of what Kita’s cooking…corny right?  (Pun intended…)  Seriously though, what can I say about me?  Let’s see, I am a Facebook, Twitter and Instagram junkie who has recently decided to find a permanent home for all of the food pics I post!  I am a totally self-taught cook, and this ”cooking thing” has been a part of me for as long as I can remember.  I was like the little girl in the Shake N Bake commercials, where at the end she says “…and I helped!”.  I was always in the kitchen with my granny, aunts, uncles, etc…trying to learn everything I could about cooking.  Apparently, something stuck, because here I am, sharing what I know with you.

In my other life I’m an IT Analyst at a law firm here in Chicago…which is, believe it or not, exciting stuff but not much on the creative front!  Cooking gives me a way to be creative, and express myself.  I love cooking for others, and trying new things.  I am the person at a restaurant who tastes something and says…”I bet I could make that!”  So a lot of what you see on here will be variations of things I’ve tasted and tried to recreate with my own spin.

I started this blog because I want to write a cookbook.  It is my hope that my ramblings will inspire others to just get in the kitchen and cook!  As someone who has struggled with weight issues most of my life, one thing I do know is cooked food beats processed food any day.  Even if you are making so  called junk food!  Let me clarify now, this is not a health food blog…this is not a dieter’s blog, I cook what I like and while a lot of it is fairly “healthy” a great deal of it isn’t.  Here we will follow the 80/20 rule…if we’re good 80 percent of the time, the other 20 percent we can wild out!

Welcome to my blog!  I hope you enjoy your visit!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>