Somebody save me…from me! I know it has been a minute since I’ve posted anything new, but I have been experimenting…with Bread. Yes, capital “B” Bread! I have recently discovered the No Knead crusty bread recipe, and since then, I have been #obsessed! Oddly enough, I have yet to make the actual original recipe no knead bread. I’ve made English Cheddar and Herbs, and Cinnamon Raisin. Both were next level good. So that is what I have been up to, making bread. Like these delicious hamburger buns:
My sister, and my husband often laugh at me, because I am the queen of “oh, I can make that”, or “if I learn how to make it, I will stop buying it.” In most cases, this is just lip service. However, after experiencing the joy of a fresh baked loaf, I can say with 100% certainty…I still love bread, and I will bake bread on days I feel the urge! I mad this no knead raisin bread a few weeks ago and it was so damn good!!
The following is probably the world’s easiest bread recipe, because it uses frozen dough! It can be made with homemade dough, but for the novice, this is a good starting point. I was inspired by a pinboard on Pinterest that used this same dough, but stuffed it with spaghetti. Just looking at the picture made my ass expand! So I tried to find a way to test this recipe, without the carb overload. My initial choice was going to be stuffing it with ground lamb, feta, and spinach, then I forgot to thaw out the lamb…So instead I went with Spinach, Artichokes, Italian Truffle Cheese and a 4 cheese Italian blend. It was #delicious! I hope you like it as much as we did. Again, if you try any of my recipes, please feel free to post your results, or ask questions.
Spinach and Artichoke Bread
- 1 Package frozen white bread dough, thawed. (I found a 3 pack at the big box store for around 3 bucks)
- 1 cup cooked artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used Italian cheese (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, etc…), but I say use what you like)
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2tbs Italian Seasoning (the “herby stuff”)
- 1 tbl butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small microwave save dish, melt butter. Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning. Stir to mix, set aside
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle.
- Brush dough with olive oil mixture.
- On either side of rectangle, make roughly six slices in the dough, leaving enough room to add filling in the middle.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese in the middle of the dough, then top with aritchokes and spinach, finish with remaining cheese.
- Starting at the top, fold dough down, then alternate the dough arms until you get to the last two.
- Fold bottom of dough up, then cover with last two dough arms.
- Brush top with remaining olive Oil mixture and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. I bake my bread on my pizza stone, however a regular cookie sheet should also do the trick. Enjoy!!